Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Karl Springer, a great designer and a mirror

One of the many things I have learned when pursuing antiques and valuables is look into the back of the items, the quality of the materials used, and the finishings.
When I came into a junk store and found a mirror heavy as a rock, beautiful lines, parchment, mid-century lines I knew I had hit the thrifty mother load!
I came home, did some internet research, et voilá! I was in the possession  of an original Karl Springer octagonal mirror.
Karl Springer was "THE" designer of royals and celebrities. Those that loved his work include the Duke & Duchess of Windsor, Frank Sinatra, Doris Duke, Jackie & Aristotle Onassis, Joni Mitchell and many others with good taste!
Mr. Y was never found of the mirror, and in a marriage ones needs to choose battles, so I have decided to consign to the amazing Baltimorean mid-century dealer Orions Objects.

My mirror that had a special place in my family room, and some amazing Springer's pieces found and sold at 1stDibs:








Photo credits:   Photos of individual pieces from 1st Dibs.
WebRep
currentVote
noRating
noWeight

No comments:

Post a Comment