Monday, March 3, 2014

Before and After: Blue and white…. and some color blast

I have been, during the last couple of weeks, in hardcore nesting mode.
I can go in labor any minute, and every minute counts to finish my huge list of to-do's around the house!

When I came back from Brazil I found the house covered in a thin layer of dust due to the renovation work done in the family room and basement, until recently…
With the dust cleaning done, I went on a finishing decor tasks galore: dining room roman shades, nursery roman shade and chair pillows, entry hall and family furniture changes and new layout, new curtains for the master bedroom, and the list goes on…

The piece that has inspired my family room decor is a nice American Heritage chest of drawers that I bought two years ago from Craigslist. It needed a lot of TLC, and a new color.
Inspired by the fabric of the bench makeover, I took a sample of the fabric and had Benjamin Moore's folks to do a custom blue color.
And the rest is a blue and white color history….

The before:



The after sanding process:


 And it's reveal as the junk/toys guardian in the family room:




Linking my before and after at the amazing Miss Mustard Seed FFF


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your gallery wall! And that blue is just perfect with the brass hardware.
    Enjoy your nesting phase...I missed out - with my first baby at least (hospitalised for the last two months of the pregnancy). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kristine, thank you for your comment! The baby girl is already 3 weeks old, and the post nesting phase continues… It actually never ends, right?
    I have in my to do list to clean the brass handles, and the ones that have more use are loosing their shine.

    ReplyDelete