Monday, October 14, 2013

A berry nice jam: everything and figs!

One of my fondest memories of my childhood is the aroma from a pot full of blackberries being slowly transformed into the best jam one could wish for!
Now a mother myself, I try to create olfactory memories for my son.
Over the summer I enjoyed the peak, and consequently the low prices, of blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and figs to buy extra, freeze them up and few couple of months (2-3) later put all of them in a nice jam.
You can do jam for each fruit separately. I just decided to do a melting pot of all them!
I took all fruits of the freezer and covered them with sugar, I used very little as all fruits were ripped and were very sweet. I after coating them with sugar, I pour them into a heavy pot, I used my Le Creuset, and left them over night. This way the fruit juices are released.






After a bath of sugar overnight:



Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30-35 minutes:



Give some whizzes with the immersion blender, if you don't have (go and get it now!) you can use your blender


I have already shared at least 2-3 cups with a good friend of mine, and the remaining I just put it in a weck jar. The remaining I will be doing berries vinaigrette, roast chicken, you name it! Many potential ways to use!


They will not be here for too long! Many teas with crackers, or mini toasts, with goat cheese, are seen ahead!



No comments:

Post a Comment